Introducing the Association
The Austrian Studies Association
continues traditions started in 1961,
as the only North American association devoted to scholarship on all aspects of Austrian, Austro-Hungarian, and Habsburg territory cultural life and
history from the eighteenth century until today.
(more . . . )
The association's journal, the
Journal of Austrian Studies, under the editorship of Todd Herzog (U of Cincinnati) and Hilary Hope Herzog (U of Kentucky),
is the successor to Modern Austrian Literature. (more . . . )
ASA on Twitter
Join us now on Twitter!
Visit us on Facebook:
- HONORARY MEMBERS:
The ASA has had the honor of establishing a panel of HONORARY MEMBERS who support our work disseminating scholarship on Austrian culture in all its forms.
Join us in thanking them for their interest, and in honoring their leadership in Austrian Arts and Letters.
Congratulations to the new officer and board members, and thank you to all who voted.
Gregor Thuswaldner (North Park University) will be serving in the position of Vice President beginning with the 2017 conference.
Gregor will rise to the presidency after the 2018 conference.
The winners of the elections for two new Executive Board members are Allyson Fiddler (Lancaster University, UK)
and Anita McChesney (Texas Tech University).
All three of our new ASA officers are, of course, long-time ASA members and established scholars in the field of Austrian Studies,
and the officers are delighted that they are willing to serve our association. .
Many thanks are owed to Susanne Hochreiter (Universität Wien) and Thomas Antonic (Universität Wien),
whose service terms on the board are concluding this year and whose work on behalf of the ASA has been invaluable.
- The 2017 Conference will be hosted by the University of Illinois at Chicago, March 16-19, 2017
THEME: "Inter-Texts: Correspondences, Connections, and Fissures
in Austrian Culture"
Download the Call for Papers here.
Conference website: https://austrian-studies2017.uic.edu/
Queries about the conference may be sent to email@example.com
- NOTE: To join the Austrian Studies Association, subscribe to its journal; use the MEMBERSHIP link above to contact the U of Nebraska Press,
which is taking our subscriptions.
- NOTE: For any information on submitting to the Journal of Austrian Studies (the journal which continues Modern Austrian Literature,
which is no longer an active title),
please contact the editors: Todd Herzog (U of Cincinnati) and Hilary Hope Herzog (U of Kentucky), at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the Book Review Editor, Joseph Moser, at email@example.com
- For reprint permission, please contact the editors, as above.
- IMPORTANT: To file claims for MISSING ISSUES, see
- 2016 Conference: webpage.
- 2015 Conference: webpage.
- 2014 Conference: webpage.
- 2013 Conference: webpage.
- 2012 Conference Pictures, taken by Sophia Clark, UCLB Conference.
- FYI: The association constitution may be downloaded here. Use the "history" link on the left for other information on